The West E-Business Group was established on June 12th 2007.
It started life as a trade association for web designers. The primary objective was to create a membership of web designers based in and around Gloucestershire.
Although any web designer can apply to become a member only applicants who achieve the high standards we require are admitted as a member.
The directors of the company and founding members were all aware that many small and medium sized businesses had often expressed dissatisfaction in their experience of web designers.
The sort of comments we heard were:
- My website doesn’t look as good as my competitors’ sites
- The web designer was unresponsive
- He didn’t understand how my business works or what I wanted
- The designer didn’t do what he said he would do
- The website doesn’t get many visitors
- No business is being generated from the website
- The cost was more than I expected
- My designer has disappeared and I can’t update the site
- I paid the designer upfront and he disappeared with my money
And lots more comments, some of which we couldn’t quote here.
We wanted to address these concerns because we felt that these feelings were damaging our profession and our own businesses.
We recognise that launching a website can be a large investment (both time and money) and there is a financial risk if it doesn’t work as intended.
We want to reduce that risk by ensuring that our members are highly qualified and able to deliver websites that meet and even exceed current best practice.
The Web Group has set a high admission standard that all its members must achieve. We have also written a Code of Conduct that all members must adhere to.
How does this help answer the concerns above?
Have a look at what applicants have to do to become members:
In addition to this any business that approaches the Web Group for help and subsequently contracts with one of our members has the comfort of knowing that the Web Group are in the background should anything not be satisfactory.